Sunday, March 23, 2014

C4K for March

Week 1 & 2: The past 2 weeks I have been viewing 2 students blog posts. I had the privilege of viewing Gillian's and Alisha's blogger. Gillian discussed a story that was about his Christmas present one yer. Him and his family went to Walt Disney world and absolutely recommended that everyone go just to ride the The Tower of Terror. He had a wonderful time and it made him feel like a kid again (lol). Another students blog I was able to visit was Ms. Alisha. Her assignment was to read a book and make a video about what she learned. She did her video on "Harold the Giraffe". Harold was very smart and gave her useful information about her oxygen. She learned that her oxygen went to her lungs and brain to support her. I have her a little bit of advice by saying that she needed to listen to Mr. Harold because he sounded very smart Another great week of viewing young students blogs. Looking forward to next week as well!

Week3: This week I read Tyla-Marie's blog from New Zealand. I commented on two of her blog posts because they were very interesting. The first post I read was about her goals. Their assignment was to create a blog post about her personal goals of 2014 and her most proud moment of 2013. She wants to exceed in every aspect of her life in school. She wants to get better and over exceed her grade level in the areas of math, reading, and writing. She is very goal-oriented (in which I love because I AM TOO). I gave her some encouraging words that I hope she will follow throughout her life. My dad gave me this advice when I was young and it has stuck with me through life so far. They key to success starts with a good plan/goal. If you have a goal, write it down. If you do not write it down, you do not have a goal - you have a wish. The second blog post I commented on was the assignment in which she had to create a diary log entry that included her being in the time of the Boer war. She also had to create a picture that gave life to her text. I love this assignment because the students had to truly think about that time period and what people had to go through during that time. She created a wonderful post and picture. Below is the picture and diary entry that she created.

Source: http://pestylamariew.blogspot.com/

Week 4: This week I read a post created by Ashlee. She wrote a report about the missing Malaysia plane MH370. She updated her viewers about what is going on with the missing plane and what we are doing to find it. She gave a lot of detail in her blog post and she seemed very interested in news. I suggested that she may like news enough to go into news broadcasting or journalism. I believe if students have an interest in something at a young age, when teachers recognize it, they may want to suggest things they could do so that students can develop a goal or start thinking about what they would like to do in life after school. 

No comments:

Post a Comment