Thursday, February 6, 2014

Project #4 Summary of C4T

For this project assignment, I was to read and comment on a teachers blog that was assigned to me named Dylan Blain. I become very lucky to be assigned this physical education teacher, not because of the subject, but because of the blog posts he had made. Without being assigned this teacher and being able to read his post, I would have probably never come across such beneficial websites! The two websites that I become exposed to and did research on was  Edmodo (I strongly suggest watching the demo that is on this site to see what all they have to offer) and Sports Plan.

Volleyball passing
For the first post I read, he talked about the new update to Sports Plan. I found this incredibly interesting because of all the benefits for coaches, players, and even physical education teachers just like Mr. Blain. He described examples of what Sports Plan has to offer on iPad and Mac such as creating drills, create drill sketches, different session plans for a variety of sports, and has a vast selection of animated drills to browse within its library for every sport. He stated that he highly recommends this tool for coaches but also gives some warning precautions with it as well. The warning precautions were that of internet access must be available to use website and having to purchase some things inside website for availability of using product. Being a future high school biology teacher, my goal is to work my way up to becoming a head volleyball coach one day. Even though I will not be using this website to benefit my classes (obviously) but I will keep it in mind when I reach my goal of being involved on a volleyball team staff.

Edmodo and the benefits of becoming a member.
For the second post I read, Mr. Blain talked about Work Flow, Edmodo, and Google Drive. What I understood of this blog post \when he talked about Work Flow was that he, as a teacher, could get on this app and create assignments, upload pictures, etc, but it is what he did with the Work Flow app that interested me. He uses two apps that he can upload his work onto to be able to share it with a variety of individuals, such as, Edmodo and Google Drive. Google drive is something I am already familiar with but am still learning the ropes on. This is the first year I have been exposed to Google Drive, which is very odd considering how beneficial it is. Edmodo is the website that caught my attention very quickly. I did some research and found that Edmodo is a website that I will introduce to my class the very first year I teach. It has the the look and feel of a social media site while actually being a useful tool for in and out of the classroom. Mr. Blain states at the end of his post, "Either way, both tools allow the mobile nature of the iPad to be used to its full potential for teachers and students..". I strongly agree with his last comment and am very fortunate to have been assigned his blog page!

No comments:

Post a Comment