Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Practice Post

Hello! My name is Sheridan Jones and I am from Gadsden, AL which is about five or so hours from here. I went to Gadsden City High School where I spent four years playing volleyball and softball. I also was apart of the swim team and basketball team for one year. After I graduated, I accepted a scholarship to play volleyball at Faulkner State Community College for two years. After I graduated from FSCC, I accepted a scholarship to play volleyball at Cumberland University in Lebanon, TN where I spent only one semester.

I am now here at USA for a few reasons: I have always wanted to be a Jaguar, the location of the school, and I had problems with my other university that I attended. I am double majoring in Secondary Education and Biology. My ultimate goal is to become a Biology teacher and a volleyball coach. I am from a very athletic family. Most of my family members have been and are soon to be collegiate athletes. An interesting fact about myself is that my dad was once a professional baseball player. He only spent less than a month in the majors but for his accomplishment, everyone in my family was very proud.

The reason I am entering into the field of education is because of my passion. I have a passion for wildlife and a passion for sports. I want to share my passion with others and help young students find what their own passion is. Yes, teaching course material is needed, but I want to do more than just teach biology. I want to teach my students about life, how to succeed, and different skills to help them with future classes or difficulties.

Me playing volleyball. I am blocking, hitting, and passing.

3 comments:

  1. This is my first comment! Not really sure what to say:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will make a great teacher because you are a hard worker and you really know what it takes to be great! By the way we are fellow classmates. I graduated from FSCC as well (2011). I played basketball. I went by JoJo#10.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!! I really appreciate that comment (makes me feel as if I truly am heading in the right direction). SUNCHEIF NATION!

    ReplyDelete