Friday, January 17, 2014

Blog Post #1

Picture of a clock reading
Registering for EDM 310, I honestly had no idea what this class would be about or how it would be run. All I knew is that it had to be about media (obviously) which deals with technology. Since I am a transfer and this is my first semester here at South Alabama, I have not heard any details about this class. Receiving the email Mr. Strange sent a few days before class began, I realized I was going to have to put the effort into the class to be able to pass with an A. The email that was sent seemed strict, disciplined, and well organized.

Last semester I attended Cumberland University in Lebanon, TN, in which I took an educational class called "Computers in the 21st Century". EDM 310 and Computers in the 21st Century are very similar, in that, we learned about how to apply technology (computers, applications, blogs, etc) in the classroom and use media tools to help teach our students. The difference is that we did not use blog very much. I am glad I have the opportunity to learn more about blog so that I can have a further deeper understanding on how it works and what the pros and cons are of using it.

The biggest fear I have with this class is TIME. At the beginning of each site (for our projects, blog posts, and activities) is a full page that reads "NEEDS YOUR ATTENTION 9 HOURS A WEEK". I am afraid of falling behind. The only reason I am afraid of this is because ,so far, I have only been an athlete in college. This is my very first semester of college where I am not playing a sport and working (almost) full-time. I am getting in the "swing of things" by balancing school and work and not school and volleyball. From experience, I know that keeping in close contact with my professors, completing assignments on time, doing homework, and NOT PROCRASTINATING, will keep me organized and ready to learn! I am very excited about this class and ready to see all of the useful tools I will learn for my future students!

Picture of the Simpsons writing I MUST NOT PROCRASTINATE multiple times

3 comments:

  1. This is Blog Post #1. Please change the title accordingly.

    Do not procrastinate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Blog Post #1. Please change the title accordingly.

    Do not procrastinate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you, Sheridan. Time is also my biggest concern and fear. I have had to make myself stay on top of assignments and classes but I do not feel the pressure at the end of the semester when everything has piled up. The key, like you said, is to stay on top of things and to stay organized. Doing that from the beginning will be a good way to start out and to keep from falling behind early. Best of luck this semester!

    ReplyDelete