Wednesday, April 9, 2014

C4K summary for month of April

The week of 4/9/14 I had the privilege of being introduced to Alex from New Zealand and his blog page. The post I read and comment on was that of Making a Piupiu. He uploaded a Google slideshow on how to make a piupiu. I probably cannot even pronounce it correctly and definitely did not know what it was. So before I responded to his post I did a little research. Turns out, a piupiu is made from flax. Flax is a big part of New Zealand culture. It is used for so many different things from cooking, medicine, and more. Well, a piupiu is made from flax that is engraved by a shell, boiled, and woven together into a skirt. I learned something from Alex and I look forward to keeping up with his progress for the rest of this year.
Source: http://australianmuseum.net.au/image/Waitangi-Day-Dancers-piu-piu-3

The week of 4/20/14 I was assigned Memory from New Zealand to check out her blog page. Her latest post was about the life cycle of a butterfly. The assignment that was given was that the students had to create an iMovie about an animal in New Zealand that goes through metamorphism. Her video was very well explained with detail of graphics and audio. You can find her blog post and video on her webpage. I commented back expressing how good she has done with her work and to keep it up throughout her schooling.
Source: http://pesmemorya.blogspot.com/2014/04/memory-life-cycle-of-butterfly.html?showComment=1398028723892#c5482540532548330935

No comments:

Post a Comment